The GMUFA represents all faculty - tenured and tenure-track as well as contract faculty - working at MacEwan.
Our membership is comprised of:
- 420 Tenure and Tenure-Track Members
- 68 Members with Limited-Term Appointments
- 470 Members with Sessional Appointments
- 197 Members without a current Appointment at MacEwan
A detailed breakdown of the GMUFA's membership, organized by categories of job titles, is provided below.
Regardless of job title or appointment type, whether they are engaged in teaching, professional practice, scholarly activity, or service, all of our members make an invaluable contribution to our collective and to the academic life of the University!
- Assistant Professors (175)
- Associate Professors (152)
- Professors (19)
- Sessional Instructors (404)
- Sessional University Preparation/English as an Additional Language Instructors (8)
- Sessional-Extended (35)
- Sessional Science Lab Instructors (23)
- Nurse Educators (61)
- Librarians (17)
- Counsellors (13)
- Nursing Lab Resource Professionals (4)
- Learning Specialists (5)
- Lab Supervisors (9)
- Lab Instructors (12)
- University Preparation Instructors (8)
- English as an Additional Language Instructors (5)
- Faculty School Advisors (3)
- Instructional Assistants (5)
These members work regularly during the academic year, their membership with the GMUFA may bridge for up to 1 year.